Content of this article
- How to choose topic
- Topic List
Purposes of a process essay?
The process essay explains how things are done or provide details on how something works. Process essay writing should tell the reader and the audience on how to do something, where there are directions provided. Just like manuals, the process essay informs and explains the process and steps required. The reader goes through the process essay and they can either do the process or choose not to, but they should understand the process after reading the essay. You also need to understand the process and highlight its importance. At times, there are different ways to carry out the process, and the writer needs to consider the audience’s knowledge.
In the process essay, each of the steps highlighted is important and when one is likely to encounter challenges, then this is emphasized to keep the reader well informed. Just like other essays, the process essay writing includes the introduction, body paragraphs and the conclusion. The steps are explained as they would occur from the first to the last, and in outlining the process the reader knows what to expect if they follow the steps. Even as including details is necessary, the information should neither be sketchy or too much to overwhelm since the aim is to explain the step by step process similar to ‘how to’ tutorials.
Since process analysis essays provide directions through highlighting the steps to be followed, the essay also explains how something works. When there are unfamiliar concepts the writer takes effort to explain this, and the steps are done in a chronological order. As such, you need to ensure that the steps make sense that one can follow without repeating or skipping any of the steps. At the same time, it is important to add the transitions to ensure the flow of ideas, and when revising the essay one summarizes the process as a quick step guide. Ideally, the process essay should contain at least three steps arranged chronologically while the transitions make the process clear.
How to choose a great topic for process essay
The writing process can be frustrating and in choosing topics for a process essay, one needs to brainstorm the ideas and then choose the ideas that can easily be explored. Identifying background information on the topic helps in outlining and writing the personal essay. The steps should be easily understood, so that people can do something themselves. Choosing a good topic makes it easier to write since there is a need to determine the scope of the topic that is neither too narrow nor too broad.
Criterions of choice:
- Choose a topic that is manageable;
- Identify the keywords;
- Narrow the topic;
- Define the research question;
- Research on the topic and look what others have written.
Top 50 Process Essay Topics For Good Writing
- The writing process
- The budgeting process
- Oil extraction process
- Election process
- Learning process
- Interview process
- Risk management process
- What is the process of obtaining American Citizenship?
- Process of installing an alarm system
- How to write a book review
- How is the research process carried out?
- Car manufacture process
- How to wax a car?
- How to make friends in a new place?
- The college application process
- The interview process
- How to cook sushi?
- How to train for a marathon?
- How to defrost a freezer?
- Mortgage loan process
- How to register as voter?
- Making buttermilk
- How to check for network vulnerability?
- Process of getting a passport
- How to save money and reduce unnecessary spending?
- The car assembly process
- Education: changing major
- Education: succeeding in college
- Education: becoming a teacher
- Census: How to conduct a census?
- Losing weight
- Marketing: Successful social media branding
- Baking bread
- Manufacture: how forklifts are made?
- Manufacture: The process of making whiskey
- Manufacture: making a mini rocket
- Transport: how airports operate?
- Fire extinguisher: how phosphates extinguish fire?
- Emergency planning: how to prepare for emergency disasters?
- Archaeology: carbon dating process
- Sleep disorder: overcoming insomnia
- Behavior- overcoming anxiety
- Behavior: breaking from bad habits
- Sport: choosing the right sport
- Web programming: making a website
- Carpentry: making furniture
- Real estate: modeling a house
- Jobs and workplace: improving productivity in the workplace
- Healthcare: becoming a registered nurse
- Judiciary: becoming a supreme court justice