Obesity is an issue of concern in America and in many other developed countries. This is why it is not uncommon for students in America to be asked to write argumentative essays on obesity in America. It may be stated that one third of the essays composed by students in one way or another concerns the questions of healthy eating and lifestyle, obesity and alike. The Americans are concerned about this issue, that is why the essays writing on obesity may be done by one and the same student several times during his or her academic career. To construct an acceptable argumentative essay, it is necessary to include a claim as the main argument of the essay paper. In addition, you may also include several other arguments to support the claim, as the essay leads the reader towards a logical conclusion the essay is based upon.
To come up with a good argumentative essay, you should begin with writing a strong argument that will give the reader a summarized explanation of what the essay is all about. Next, the introduction should be clear to let the readers know the focus of the argument, by stating the problem and letting the reader know the exact problem that needs to be solved. Once you have written about the problem, the main argument should therefore present the best solution to the argument . When writing the introduction for this type of paper, one should let the audience know why the idea in the paper is actually the right one for that paper or for the proposed problem stated in the essay paper.
Depending on the length of the paper, the length of the introduction can range from a paragraph for a short essay paper to a few paragraphs if the essay paper is a lengthy one. Once one has determined the main argument of the essay paper, it is time to come up with arguments to support the main argument, and while doing so, it is good that each one of the arguments be split into its own paragraph.
When writing this type of paper, there are a number of different arguments that one could use to stress the main points. This will result in a strong argumentative paper that will do more than send the message across to the readers. One could try using inductive reasoning when writing the argument. This will entail using a series of specific examples to lead the reader towards the conclusion one is attempting to reinforce. One could also make use of deductive arguments by using numerous ideas to lead a reader towards the conclusion.
You can buy your essay online, written from scratch by academic experts at CustomWritings.com. 100% custom argumentative written essays of high quality guaranteed.
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Tags: argumentative essays, essay on obesity
List Of Interesting Essay Topics On Childhood Obesity
The United States and other Western countries have experienced a dramatic increase in the rate of obesity amongst their populations. However, in recent years it is not only Western countries that have seen obesity rates increasing, but also developing countries have seen obesity rates rise as well.
Furthermore, as well as obesity rates going up throughout the globe, the problem is also affecting people of a younger age. For example, whilst obesity rates used to affect adults to a far greater extent than they did children, these days, childhood obesity is becoming a far greater problem, and could potentially pose a catastrophic health epidemic in years to come.
With so many different areas of childhood obesity to examine and discuss, there are plenty of different options when it comes to choosing argumentative essay topics. For example, you may wish to argue why childhood obesity is the biggest health problem facing the nation or, alternatively, you may wish to look at any ways in which childhood obesity can be tackled and you could then try and persuade the reader as to why these ways would be most effective.
If you are trying to think of interesting topics for an argumentative essay that you need to write, then you may find the following list of ideas and topics particularly useful.
- Criminal prosecutions should be brought against the parents of severely obese children, unless those children have a valid medical reason for being so overweight
- Fast food chains should be banned from advertising before 9 PM in the evening, particularly when children’s television shows are on
- Schools should ensure that students exercise on a daily basis so as to reduce the dangers of childhood obesity
- The government should do more to educate people on the dangers of childhood obesity
- Extra taxes should be levied on chocolate and candy to help prevent childhood obesity
- Childhood obesity will go on to be the country’s most important health problem in future years
- Obese children should be teased about their weight to shame them into losing weight
- Schools should be required to serve and sell only food that is healthy, and not provide suites, candy, chocolate and deep-fried or unnecessarily fatty food
- Should the media do more to promote the dangers of childhood obesity
- Society’s acceptance and promotion of unhealthy, obese body images is wrong